Sunday, March 29, 2009

the wealth of old friends



Oh dear, I sit here with tears, having just said goodbye to my dear friends who visited from Germany this week. Having friends one has known for nearly 40 years is a wealth beyond description. Eva and I shared our emergence into the world at 17. We, in our youthful splendor, traveled alone to Paris, Berlin, not to mention traveling the world of ideas, music, spirituality, culture, and encounters that will be best left unspoken. Above is the photo from our dinner last night: take-out from the Wild Ginger, the restaurant that is a tradition for us whenever they are in Seattle, but this time we dined in my living room/factory. Along with wonderful conversation and a good bottle of wine it was a very fitting end to this visit. I hope there will be many more.

2 comments:

  1. They were truly lovely people. Wish they didn't live so far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wish it too, so, so much! I'm glad you got to meet them, T

    ReplyDelete