Friday, April 17, 2009

steps


I'm working today, as every day, and I'm going to show you some things I am working on, to give you a better idea of the steps involved in creating different types of images on the surface of the glass. First of all, I'll give you a look at some of the original images I caught while walking around my neighborhood. This one (of a fully blooming cherry tree) I have doubts about its appropriateness for the process... it is too dense to be "read" properly, and will likely just be "blobs" of color... but folks, I have an IDEA I want to test, and when I have an IDEA you'd best move aside, doubts, and let me waste the expensive materials in the attemps. 'Cuz that's what it takes to discover new directions!
This image might or might not work. I stopped abruptly the other day when I saw it--such a classic tree! The only problem is that the branches are so thin, they might not sandblast clean. But I can't help myself. I have to try.
And this one, well this one I have great faith in. First, it is "clean." All the bits are well defined, and as a special bonus that puts it right over the top: dots, and dots, and more dots! I think I feel in love with dots when I was quite young, and learned about atoms and electrons and the fact that NOTHING in life is solid, but rather a gazilion dots, bound by the energy of aliveness. That idea thrills me to this day.
So. That is step one. More to come, as I proceed in the process. But for now, production. Work must be completed and shipped so that money will come in so that it can go out again so that more work can be made so that more money can come in so that.... and in the midst of it all... Life is Lived. Works for me.

2 comments:

  1. oh yes, yes it is. Although it is seeming more futile as 2 payments due to day did not come it. sigh.

    ReplyDelete