Monday, April 27, 2009

time passes?

I have been thinking about the experience of time ever since I saw my friends yesterday. I had the distinct experience of time not existing, that we are all vessels for experience, and yes, our bodies certainly age. But my friends were just the same as 25 years ago, and they declared I was just the same as well. I think this experience was heightened by having not seen them for so very long. I know philosophers talk about time being simply a construct and I am familiar with that, but I learn and grasp concepts by seeing & smelling & feeling & touching & doing & it has to be that way for me to "get it." To some degree, I "got it" yesterday. Lots of interesting images floating around in my mind about it. I may come back to it at some point, but I'm not very articulate today. I just wanted to make a note to myself, here. Suffice to say: it is a very peaceful and interesting filter to be looking through.

No comments:

Post a Comment