Wednesday, May 20, 2009

daily life just now

My story will continue soon, but just now I'm in full-on production mode: lots of orders to fill quickly so that production can start for the summer retail shows. There just is no time to slack in this life! So the days are filled with sitting at the table taping and making and painting and talking and laughing and sandblasting and shipping and peeling and dotting and and and... I've got lovely houseguests, and just now and our visit takes place in the nooks and crannies around all this work. Lovely big pot of meatball soup last night, with and enormous pot of leftovers in the fridge. Life is good.

I found out yesterday I was accepted into a really highly rated show: Philadelphia Art Museum Craft Show, held in November. I still have to decide if I will do it. Certainly I want to, but the expense of an east coast show makes it a big financial risk, and there are so many things that can potentially go wrong (I write from experience): weather, shipments get lost, national disasters, the show not being as good for me as I need it to be, etc. I need my decision to be very well researched and considered. My, how grown up I sound!

1 comment: