Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Two favorite things from my jog this morning:

1. I was jogging in the midst of an enormous bunch (gang? gaggle? flock?) of geese who were busy walking about, eating & pooping as geese do, paying me no mind. A dog startled them and they lifted all at once, completely surrounding me and saturating the world for a moment with the sound and wind of a hundred formidable wings. Whopp whopp whopp! A hundred wings beating. My hair lifted and blown, I was utterly swallowed up by it.

2. Certain colors take my breath away. Do you ever want to eat color? To drown in it? Today I saw a red that I wanted to inhale deep into my lungs. Moments like that...

3 comments:

  1. our dogs love the geese this time of year. their poop, sadly, is consdiered a delicacy in the dog world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, there is plenty to keep the dogs in epicure heaven! Thanks for the comment, Laurie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are not, however, allowed candy corn....

    ReplyDelete