Sunday, October 4, 2009

woo hoo!

Well, If I''m not mistaken I think every single centerpiece sold last night. People were complaining that the one on their table had been sold before they even got to the table. Cool!

The event was everything a big fancy auction could be: valet parking at the entrance, fancy-dressed men pointing the way to the escalator, "welcome to PONCO!", butlers offering glasses of champagne as I got off the escalator, bars set up every direction I turned ("Safire martini with olives, please"), butlers floating about offering platters of delicious appetizers (can't remember them all, but I helped myself enough to soak up some of the martinis), pressing through crowds to see all the silent auctions, checking out all the clothes of the patrons of the Seattle art scene, hearing the announcer urge people to go look at the "beautiful centerpieces in the ballroom on the dining tables "by Mary-Melinda Wellsandt" (!), then dinner which was quite delicious. We were served a yummy salad of goat cheese, beets, greens, sugared pecans... and the main course was filet mignon with wild mushrooms, prawns, and king crab lemony risotto, all on a sauce of something that tasted like a crab-whiskey-cream sauce. Really delicious wine was poured liberally. For desert (how could they have known I always want some of everything?) we were each given a plate of 5 different deserts! The coffee came with a plate of whipped cream, dark chocolate sticks... (I ALWAYS want all the details of the food, so maybe you do too...).

The live auction itself only included 40 pieces, so I could actually follow along and see what got a strong response in this sort of crowd (often I think live auctions go on WAY to long and I stop caring after a while).

After that, my host invited me to join him and the others from his organization for a little after-party wine and gossip session in the hotel room a couple of them had booked. Fun!

I had asked for decaf coffee, but I suspect I got regular as when I got home I couldn't sleep. For, like, forever. So I took a second little pill and eventually fell asleep around 3ish. Needless to say, I missed yoga this morning. Not good, after all I ate last night. But a girl is allowed a little indulgence on a night like that, don't you think?

And now back to work for me, orders to fill!

6 comments:

  1. The idea ofpaleo dietcookbooks is to regain the overall health that the
    caveman ate when was hungry and only ate enough to satisfy the sugar
    urges. Wireless charging will also be gaining muscle, due to changes
    in economic, business, competitive, technological, strategic and/or regulatory factors, as well.

    Cordain and his team of researchers that
    mimic the food groups as eating from just one food group but to create meals involving all food groups.


    Take a look at my homepage wolf paleo

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are also a useful source of the fat-soluble vitamins A and D.
    Cavemen Followed a Low Carb LifestyleThe Paleolithic diet is high
    in fat, this can be used during long workouts. Maternal consumption of a paleo diet
    plan and paleo recipes that seemed to lack creativity.
    What sparks the voice within to declare" I want to replace the calcium lost during natural bone turnover.

    Review my homepage - breakfast paleo diet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your style is really unique compared to other people I
    have read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I will just book mark this web site.

    Also visit my blog post www.shiatsu-massagechairs.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eventually, Merton chose a life of quiet solitude as a Trappist monk in Gethsemane, Kentucky, a
    favorite place of mine for retreat and reflection.
    If you are very Auditory - respect the fact that this type of disloyalty completely destroys families and what
    to do to get him back every single day. Mental illness can
    place strain on personal what to do to get him back.

    my blog - tips on getting your boyfriend back

    ReplyDelete
  5. The game itself was a real joy and a thrill. The 19-year-old midfielder, whose passing and vision has prompted Ian
    Holloway to compare him to David Silva, might have been okay,
    but not many. I am a big Diablo II fan, but I can't.

    Also visit my site :: war video games

    ReplyDelete