Sunday, December 27, 2009

Dove straight in

Well, apparently I dove right in. Yesterday I went for my jog then came home and started mucking around with the materials. Everything I did looked pretty crappy. Well, really crappy.

But today I may have a glimmer of a new direction. It looks VERY different than my past work.

It requires a camera. I lost my camera over Christmas. I ordered a new one. It's not here yet. But I'm playing with some old images in the meantime.

It is afternoon and I am still in my jammies, haven't washed my face or brushed my teeth. Just can't stop experimenting.

I love this. I love this feeling.

No jogging today because I've developed shin splints. I figure one day off should be enough to cure 'em, no? Ah well, ice and ibuprofen. But ice requires that I sit down and actually massage with ice for 20 minutes, 3 times a day. I'm feeling WAY too impatient for that. But ok, I will.

Soon.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Melinda,
    Although we have never met, I want you to know how much your insights have meant to me. Particularly the blog titled "the in-between". I have similar difficulties with transitions, but I could never have described all the emotions, deep-felt fears and -- yes -- elations -- as well as you. Lovely to know I am not alone, although we all have our own "flavors". You are a harbinger of creativity -- and you SUCCEED!! YOU ROCK!! Best wishes in this/your/our new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much, Linda Ana. I needed that right now!

    ReplyDelete