Monday, February 15, 2010

One down, one to go...

We finished up tearing down later than hoped (union guys take their own sweet time delivering the pallets of empty boxes), and I was paying $50/hour for my crew so sit around, cold and bored. But so it is sometimes. I just tell it like it is!

More orders today.

It is TOTALLY necessary to make at least one new line each year. That is the primary factor to which I attribute my success at this show. Galleries ordered wide and deep. Even when I told them they couldn't possibly get their order until September, they just shrugged their shoulders and said "ok, then September it is!".

I'm tired now.

I'm glad I have a full day and night to rest and recover.

I put the "do not disturb" sign out.

I ate tuna tartar and mussels again, and a martini of course.

I'm too tired to be more articulate. Here are the photos from today:
The view from my station inside my booth:

my remarkable and amazing and totally enjoyable Philly set-up and tear-down crew:

shows go from being all sparkly and magical to... well, to this:

TRYING to get the shipper to bill the proper credit card so that my mortgage payment won't bounce and I have money to eat the next couple of weeks... I had set it up and confirmed way back when it was appropriate. Did that matter? Apparently not.


And now, well now I am going to sleep.
Oh yeah.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment