Wednesday, February 10, 2010

one step closer!

All flights cancelled when I checked this morning at 5.

I called.

I begged.

No flights available until Saturday (!!!).

I begged again.

Got a flight to Charlotte.

Went to airport at 6 am.

Ticket agent said it was a mistake. There is no flight to Charlotte. Never has been.

Just then someone said they were opening a "ferry" flight to passengers (formerly just taking a plane to Charlotte). They had already turned lots of people away.

I got on! I cried with relief. I hadn't realized just how anxious I had been.

I got on.

And not only that, it was nearly empty, so I got a whole row to myself.




I took a nice little blue pill, the attendant brought me a free shot of whiskey, and I laid myself down across all the seats and settled myself in for a nice sleep.



Lovely!

And now I am ensconced in a cheap room at the airport Quality Inn.



The Weather Station says it's still blizzarding in Philly, but I'm taking it one step at a time.

I have a confirmed flight to Philly at 7 am tomorrow.

Nature willing.

I contacted my crew, and all are on board to set up tomorrow afternoon.

One step at a time.

I plan to sleep a lot tonight, to stock up on rest in case I'm setting up all night tomorrow.

But I'm one step closer.

Keep the good thoughts coming!

2 comments:

  1. Oh good god. Insane. Mother Nature hath shown her wrath. Been thinking about you and these travails all day....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Start your tour with supper at Monti Belle's Bakery & Pastry Shop. An eminent Charlotte cafe, the Monti Belle's Bakery & Pastry Shop is huge and pleasing and sophisticated. The Monti Belle's Bakery & Pastry Shop cafe is distinguished for its sapid meals. It sports the most splendid and agreeable danish.

    ReplyDelete