Wednesday, February 24, 2010

soooo tired!

I need to try to explain here just how tired I am.

Never mind.

I can't explain it.

It is more than words could bring to the senses.

So instead I'll simply say:

After NOT sleeping again last night, I worked out this morning at 6:30 (thinking that might help) and then worked the show and while there were no customers I made up cards for the retail customers and new price thingies and got bags ready and stuff...

Then at 6 pm, when the wholesale show ended I hurried up under the mistaken illusion that I could transform my booth from wholesale to retail in an hour or two and get to the bar and have my drink and supper and go to bed and get up in the morning to workout and go leisurely to the show opening at 10 am...

Well, at 9:30 pm I stopped lifting and carrying and schlepping and jogging with box after box after box from stock storage to my booth and back (a pretty darn long trip).

I gave up.

I went to the bar, had the martini, ate my supper, came upstairs, called housekeeping for more chocolate (gotta love a hotel that does the chocolate on the pillow thing...) and I'm about to go to bed.

Pray to the gods of sleep they bless me tonight.

No workout tomorrow morning, no leisurely walk to the opening of retail.

No.

I'll be there at 8 am trying frantically to merchandize and price all the work in my booth.

And if the customers come and buy as I sense they might... (I already made a few retail sales to people who couldn't wait),

Well, it will be worth it.

But don't think for an instant that it is easy.

3 comments:

  1. Melinda -- I stopped by the Fireworks store at the airport on Tuesday morning and your glass work was featured prominently in the front window. Your glass work, old and new, is the most creative and gorgeous I believe I have ever seen. I am sorry you are so tired, and struggling right now -- do take care of yourself (just one day off??)so you can keep on delighting the world with your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. and don't think I'm not feeling like a horse who smells the barn...

    Thank you SO much, Linda Ana!

    ReplyDelete