Friday, May 7, 2010

and the week has FLOWN by!

I can't believe it is Friday already. Wasn't it just Friday yesterday?

I am unplugging a bit from work, believe it or not.

Last night I volunteered for the annual fundraiser for Arts Corps, and I am delighted to report they did very well. It is an incredible non-profit that supports arts education programs for under-served kids. Amazing and inspiring.

And today I am unplugging further: I am driving to Oregon to spend the weekend with my "not-son." I get the opportunity to get him all decked out in his tux for the prom, drive him and his date to dinner, then pick them up & drive them to the prom, then pick them up again after and drive the date home, and then drive the two of us home. Yes, it will be a bit tiring, but how fun!

I am packing toothpicks to prop my eyes open.

The tiring part will be primarily caused by the fact that he & I are planning to ski all day tomorrow before the prom. I haven't skied in at least 3 years, maybe 4? And it is one of those things I passionately love, love, love to do. I am so glad for all the yoga and running I've done in the past months, I have some confidence my body will be able to handle it.

But I still suspect I'll be asleep on the couch waiting for the call at the end of the prom to go pick them up.

And yes, I AM bringing some work with me. You didn't think I would actually NOT WORK for 3 days, did you?

Now: gotta pack, go for my run, and head on out.

Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment