Wednesday, May 12, 2010

picture my weekend...

No really, you can picture it! (click if you want to see larger).
My not-son and I went skiing/boarding at Mt. Hood. I am SOOOO glad I've been skiing and doing yoga the past 10 months. My legs actually out-lasted his!

Although I don't do any crazy stuff like jumping off ledges or skiing through trees...

But I do help him get ready for the prom when he can't quite figure out where cufflinks go:

and this is how a country boy gets to the prom (not):

the next morning he cut tons of rhubarb for me:

and then I sat in the sun and cut it up. I love sitting in the sun doing things like that. I made rhubarb sauce. Tons. Anyone want some? Really. I have tons.

and I collected eggs from Brenda. All the Brenda's. All the chickens are named Brenda. For some reason. One finished...

...and time for the next:

and I helped take care of the little duckings, being raised to eat the bugs in the garden. They get a nice swim in the sink every day too...

and there is a whole new crop of Brenda's coming along too!

Cooper is definitely a "go-see-do" dog:

and then I bounced on a trampoline. If I had a trampoline, I'd bounce all the time. It feels so good!

and then he and Cooper showed me how it should be done, with flips and all. I'll just stick with the bouncing, thank you very much!

And then, with more reluctance than I had anticipated, and some tears, I had to leave that lovely nest (well, I'd taken all the eggs anyway):

I had to come home.
I anticipated feeling frantic from not spending the weekend working, but I actually felt delightfully refreshed. Maybe a sign that I should start doing a few things besides working? Hmmmm....

3 comments:

  1. Fun to SEE you in action not-momming! Yes, life is short, and there truly is time for both work and other life! Love you! Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi, you have nice blog.. u can view also mine..http://akoniwares.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete