Friday, June 11, 2010

struttin' at 57

Well I went to sandblast this morning, but alas, the sandblaster I rent is still not working. Barely limping along. I think it's been nearly 2 weeks now. In spite of that we are getting orders shipped, but if it isn't fixed soon I won't likely feel quite so calm about it all.

Then I went to the liquor store. I needed to get a carload of liquor boxes (we use them as inner boxes in our shipments) and I went to the closest one. It happens to be probably the seediest one in the city. Before you even enter the store to buy your mood altering beverage, you can purchase, quite openly, just about any mind-altering substance you might want. Not long ago a woman across the busy street called over to the parking lot: "whatcha got?" A guy yelled back across the street: "oxy, perc, and black!" All very loud.

Huh.

One stop shopping.

Anyway, I was there this afternoon, walking through the parking lot toward the store when I heard someone call out behind me:

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Ma'am?" I turned around. Two middle-aged men sitting in a car. The one in the drivers seat calls out to me: "Ma'am, I don't mean you no disrespect, but I gotta say you WEARIN' them jeans!"

I grinned, gave him a thumbs up, and said "Thank you!"

And I strutted the rest of the day.

For some reason I didn't have as much trouble getting out the door for my run this evening.

Ah, vanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment