Saturday, January 15, 2011

it's good!

First: my big kitten is better! He nipped me on the nose this morning to wake me up and has eaten and played and started attacking me again and being the adorable nuisance I love.

And then there's work: Progress! I sandblasted the first big trial run of new designs. I'm waiting until I'm fresh in the morning to start playing with the color. Then I'll actually know what the potential is.

So while waiting for morning, I've been making serious progress in photoshop.

Resizing, compressing, expanding, taking images apart and putting them back together with sizes and shapes of vessels in mind.

ooooo, I do love learning new things!

It's a brand new tool for me, and is already proving very useful.

Which begs the question:

How much of creativity is finding a tool to do what one envisions, versus finding a tool (or a material or technique) and considering what one could use it for?

I have to admit, materials inspire me a lot. I love thinking about what I could do with them.

But my work always has a certain quality, no matter what it is (and I've done many, many things, not just in the visual arena).

I'd love to ponder that and write more about it. But as I've been noticing, words are not where I am these days.

I have no doubt they will come back, as I really love to write stuff.

So:

I'd like to hear from you! For you, in your creativity, your art, where do you start? How do you experience the relative importance
of materials/tools versus a (perhaps) more "pure" creative impulse for which you then seek out the tools/materials?

Curious.

Good night.

I get to play with color in the morning!

Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment