Friday, January 7, 2011

setback..

yeah, again.

So. I ordered a new printer from Amazon (prime! 2 day shipping for free!). I needed it because my new/old one wouldn't print the size transparencies I need and, well, Kinko's won't let me print transparencies anymore because someone caused a lot of damage doing that in the past.

It came today, I asked the Fed Ex guy if he wanted my old one for free. He said he'd think about it. One moment later he was back. "Really? Free?"

"Yeah, but I'd like it if you'd buy all the ink cartridges I have for it."

He had no cash, but said he'd bring it to me next time he was by. I trust him.

So.

I took my time, unpacked the new one, got it set up on my desk, read the instructions (yes, in spite of my history of not doing so...) did everything right.

But. (yeah, you know what's coming).

So I called tech. support. We went through everything. "Defective, she said."

Ok. So I need a new one, right away.

"We'll get it out to you right away, it will take 7-10 business days."

I don't HAVE 7-10 business days!

I called Amazon. They were great. But I won't get it until Tuesday afternoon.

(clenched belly)

The Amazon-India division guy said: "I'm e-mailing you a return authorization, just print it out and give it to the driver when he bring you the new one."

Me: "Uh. I don't have a printer."

Oh well. We worked that part out. But I still don't have a printer until Tuesday afternoon.

So. A stress relieving run, and I made another strategy to continue to be relatively productive until I get the printer on Tuesday afternoon.

You see, the new work I'm exploring really needs not only a functioning computer but a large format printer. I need to run a lot of tests to see if I'm even on a good track.

What's up with all this computer nonsense?

My assistant T. says it's poltergeists.

I'm inclined to believe her.

No comments:

Post a Comment