Thursday, January 6, 2011

Well,

I know you've all been on pins and needles waiting to see if I honored my commitment to run today. (All one of you! ha!)

Yes! I did. And I felt MUCH better after.

It was a pretty successful day. I think I made real progress. I won't know until tomorrow. Who knows? It could be Walmart all over again.

But I KNOW I made progress in the learning of Photoshop. I managed to do things I had pretty much given up on learning. I didn't even think it could be done. Yippee!

I ordered a new printer. Anyone need an almost new one that is great but doesn't print the sizes I need?

At this point in my process I can't see how I'll possibly have developed and refined the techniques I'm working on in time to present them at The Show. Let alone have created some dazzling new work with them.

But I try to remember I always feel this way.

So I keep breathing and working away, and try to trust that everything is unfolding as it should.

And somehow, I always manage to pull it off.

I'm in the first third of the process I sense.

So I have to keep going, one step at a time.

Boy-oh-boy, I hope my history of always managing to pull it off repeats itself this year!

And now, in preparation for another day, I'm going to bed.

Not 2 am like last night.

But at midnight, or thereabout.

It's more civilized.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. I was talking to Paul this morning about how my computer gets hung up with the dreaded rainbow wheel whenever I use PSE9, and we looked into the system requirements, and my computer (which I think is newer than yours) just barely meets the specs. Which means it can barely run the program. He suggested closing every other application first, and then try running PSE. I'm going to give it a whirl later today, but I'm not holding my breath. He also pointed out that every new & improved version of a program is designed to run on the newest & most-improved computer. So where does that leave us? In line at the Apple store with a wad of cash in our fist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I'd have one right this minute if I had a wad of cash. Yep, I quit every other application, and it can sort of work. Don't make any fast moves. Really--as in: save one thing too soon after saving another, printing too quickly after finishing a last edit, changing tools around too quickly, moving to filters too soon after... well, you get it. Yeah, your computer is, I think, quite a bit newer than mine (I remember you getting and think I had mine before I met you?). But the guy at the computer guy assessed it and said that I was pretty close to the edge...
    But the minute I get a wad of cash, well, this has moved higher on the priority list!

    ReplyDelete