Thursday, March 31, 2011

fragile and fierce

I was feeling quite fragile this afternoon, toward the end of "first shift".

Went to yoga, hoping for a soothing, meditative class.

Got instead a totally kick-ass, make me sweat and tremble in my entire body, holy cow how did I get here? kind of way.

Don't feel so fragile anymore.

I ROCKED half-moon, which I've never been able to do before.

On both sides, twice.

Fragile?

What's that?

It's all transient.

All of it.

Feelings are just waves.

They wax and wane.

And we just keep breathing through them.

I spent some time this evening watching the photos of my retreat to Cannon Beach as they faded in and out on my screen-saver.

Ahhhhh...

And now the feeling is sleepiness,

So: nighty night!

2 comments:

  1. I really, really enjoyed this post. Gracias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, linda ana. It's always a treat to know someone is reading!

    ReplyDelete