Wednesday, March 2, 2011

juggling, playing ping-pong and

dancing on hot coals, all at the same time.

That doesn't describe it quite right, but it gets close to what it feels like inside my brain.

Back to production!

It's kind of overwhelming: trying to get orders out quickly to get money in quickly to pay bills to order more supplies so that we can make more things to ship out to get the money in to pay bills to order more supplies to...

But...

we keep hitting walls 'cuz we need more materials to get orders finished to get them shipped out to get money in to get materials to make the things to fill the orders to get the money in to...

So you see why I described the feeling inside my brain as I did?

And yeah, we really ARE digging deep to get some things shipping and the cash flowing in the right direction.

My assistant lent me her credit card again this year to order supplies.

I delayed my mortgage payment for 2 weeks.

All my helpers agreed to work for deferred payment.

They trust and believe in me, and in what we are doing here. Amazing. That feels enormous to me.

I can only shake my head when I think about what an incredibly successful show I had, and how broke I am starting the year out again.

Once the shipment gets back from Philly (which should be any day now) there will be work ready to ship. And within a week the materials I've ordered will be coming in daily.

And then we'll be back at it with efficiency and the satisfaction of having what's needed to fill the orders.

In the meantime, we're doing the best we can with what we've got.

And our best is pretty damn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment