Tuesday, January 24, 2012

packed!

...and ready to go.

New York International Gift Show here we come.

It was a real back and forth process deciding to do the show, but for a variety of reasons it felt, in the end, like the right thing to do. A major financial risk, but that seems to be the name of my game.

T. is coming with me!

I'll be in NYC for a little more than a week, then home for a week, then to Philly for THAT show. Busy busy.

We had a big (for the pacific northwest) snow/ice storm this last week and the pallets were all shrink-wrapped and tarped at the street ready for the shippers to pick up. Turns out they wouldn't come up the hill to my house so they sat out there on the street for a week. Finally went out on Monday and with luck will make it to the show on Friday in time for T. and I to set up in a few hours, vs. the 2 days I'd planned for.

Being a self-employed artist type requires some flexibility and willingness to put ones head down and get the job done.

And that's just what T. and I have done for the past 3 weeks. Amazing what we've accomplished!

1 comment: